The City of Pflugerville established water conservation guidelines and programs long before Pfresh water was a challenge.
There are numerous different programs assisting in water conservation for city residents:
- Drop by Drop Landscaping Rebate program
- Rain Barrels
- Voluntary Water restrictions in non-peak water usage months
- Water Conservation Education
- Irrigation System Evaluations
- Participation in Fix-A-Leak Week
- Participation in the state-wide Water IQ public awareness program
Patricia Rinehart - Water Conservation Educator - email@example.com
Drop by Drop Landscaping Rebate Program
Up to $500 rebate for program participants!
From October 1 through June 15, the Drop by Drop Landscaping Rebate Program offers up to $500 to Pflugerville residents and water customers for landscaping improvements meeting the program guidelines.
The Rebate Program actively promotes easy, efficient, economic and environmentally sound water use and conservation. Since 2001, Drop by Drop has given approximately $28,000 in rebates to 93 homeowners helping beautify Pflugerville neighborhoods. Native plant species, properly planted and mulched, help Pflugerville residents and water customers reduce future demand on water utilities while creating beautiful, low-maintenance landscapes.
- For more information: Drop by Drop Landscaping Rebate Program
Irrigation System Evaluations
Irrigation systems/sprinkler systems can be double-edged swords. Calibrated and set according to the guidelines established by the water conservation department, irrigation systems can, not only water effectively and efficiently, but will help prevent wasteful watering.
System evaluations are performed for water customers of the city free of charge.
- For more information: Irrigation System Evaluations