Waste Connections provides each customer with (1) green trash cart. Extra trash carts can be ordered for an additional monthly fee. Contact Utility Billing to add an additional green cart.
All non-recyclable waste should be placed inside the green cart and placed curbside prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick up day. Please allow until 7 p.m. for collection.
- Trash is picked up once each week.
- Recycling is picked up every other week.
- Waste Connections will pick up 6 additional items or bags of trash each week placed next to your cart. Construction debris will not be collected.
- Avoid overloading trash and recycle carts The truck's mechanical arm can only lift up to 100 lbs.
- If excess or additional items are disposed of on a regular basis, an additional container will be required at an additional monthly fee.
- Place heavy items next to your cart. Construction debris will not be collected.
- Limbs placed at curbside for pickup must be bundled and no longer than 4 feet.
- Bagged grass may be placed at the curb for pickup. Bundles of brush and bags of grass are included in the six additional items allowed at curbside each week.
- Large amounts of brush and limbs may be picked up curbside by the city's service.
- Place incandescent light bulbs wrapped in newspaper in a sealed plastic bag before placing in trash cart.
- The only holidays observed by Waste Connections are New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Trash and recycling are not collected on these days. Collection moves forward one day for the rest of the week. (Tuesday collection moves to Wednesday, Wednesday collection moves to Thursday, etc.)
- Trash carts will be replaced only if they are missing or broken. If your cart is dirty or smelly, please clean it with a solution of bleach and water. There are also local companies that will clean carts for a fee. If your cart is missing or broken, please contact the Utility Billing department at 512-990-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow three business days for replacement.
- Not accepted: Hazardous waste, dirt, rock, tires, wood, pallets, concrete, fencing, carpeting, sheetrock, construction debris or material, and gas cylinders are not accepted curbside.