COVID-19 chipping update
The City of Pflugerville’s curbside chipping service will resume starting the week of May 4. The chipping schedule will be altered to accommodate staffing restrictions due to COVID-19 and the increased demand for chipping services with pickup occurring once a month for Pflugerville residents.
The chipping service serves all residential Pflugerville utility customers . Put your chipping curbside for pickup. No call necessary.
For customers with piles larger than the approved pickup size or those not wanting to wait on the curbside pickup, the city operates a Brush and Recycling Center at
15500 Sun Light Near Way where utility customers can drop off brush and limbs. Please bring your most recent utility bill when visiting the recycling center. The center is open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Monday.
- Put your brush pile out before 8 a.m. on the Monday of your neighborhood's scheduled week. It will be picked up any day within your scheduled week.
- Pile size limit: 10 feet long X 4 feet high.
- Residential use only.
- Stack the limbs/brush in an accessible area on your property as close to the street as possible, not in the street or blocking a sidewalk, with the cut side facing the street. City employees are not authorized to enter private property to collect limbs.
- Limbs/branches can be up to 9” in diameter, but no longer than 4 feet in length. (Small bundles of limbs and brush cut in 4 feet lengths may be placed in your garbage or tied together in small bundles and placed next to the trash cart for pickup by the trash collection contractor.) Brush piles cannot exceed 10 feet in length per address.
- No brush or shrubs with thorns (brush or shrubs with thorns may be taken to the recycle center)
- No landscaping materials, pickets or any items with nails.
- No brown recyclable bags
- Vehicles must not block access to the brush pile.
- Crews no longer go down alleys to pick up items. The brush must be set out in front of a home.
- The chipping service cannot operate in wet weather conditions. Staff will attempt to re-evaluate the schedule to allow for pick-up on the streets missed on rainy days.
- See example below:
Lawn Clipping Pickup
If you bag your lawn clippings, please put them out on your trash day. The city's chipping machine cannot accept bagged leaves and twigs, even in the brown recyclable bags. To recycle, drop the bags off at the Pflugerville Recycle Center at 15500 Sun Light Near Way.
Please contact the Public Works Department:
Phone: (512) 990-6400