Waste Connections provides each customer with (1) green trash cart. Residents can order an additional trash cart for an additional charge. Contact the Utility Billing department at 512-990-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to add an additional green trash cart.
All non-recyclable waste should be placed inside the green cart and placed curbside prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick up day.
- Trash is picked up once each week.
- Recycling is picked up every other week.
- Waste Connections will pick up six additional items or bags of trash each week placed next to your cart.
- Avoid overloading trash and recycle carts as the truck's mechanical arm can only lift up to 100 lbs.
- Place heavy items (up to six) next to your cart.
- Limbs placed at curbside for pickup must be bundled and no longer than 4 feet.
- Bagged grass may be placed at the curb for pickup. Bundles of brush and bags of grass are included in the six additional items allowed at curbside each week.
- Large amounts of brush and limbs may be picked up curbside by the city's chipping service.
- Place incandescent light bulbs wrapped in newspaper in a sealed plastic bag before placing in trash cart.
- Not accepted: Hazardous waste, dirt, rock, tires, wood, pallets, concrete, fencing, carpeting, sheetrock, construction debris or material, and gas cylinders are not accepted curbside.
Each customer has one blue 95 gallon recycling cart. Residents can order a second recycling cart for $2.55 a month. Contact the Utility Billing department at 512-990-6100 or email@example.com to add an additional blue recycling cart.
- The recycling cart should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. every other week on the scheduled pickup day.
- Please allow 5 feet between trash and recycling carts to allow cart pickup by automatic arms.
- Please keep your carts at least 5 feet from vehicles and other obstructions.
City Solid Waste and Recycling Provider
Waste Connections is the contracted provider for solid waste and recycling pickup for the City of Pflugerville. For missed trash or recycling pickups or information regarding new services, disconnections and accounts, call the Utility Billing department at 512-990-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The only holidays observed by Waste Connections are New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Trash and recycling are not collected on these days. Collection moves forward one day for the rest of the week. (Tuesday collection moves to Wednesday, Wednesday collection moves to Thursday, etc.)
Trash and recycle carts will be replaced only if they are missing or broken. If your cart is dirty or smelly, please clean it with a solution of bleach and water. There are also local companies that will clean carts for a fee. If your cart is missing or broken, please contact the Utility Billing department at 512-990-6100 or email@example.com. Please allow three business days for replacement.