Water conservation starts with you
While water restrictions apply to water usage outside your home, these tips can help you save water inside your house.
- Time your shower and use less water by turning the water off while using shampoo.
- Put a bucket in your shower to collect water from your shower and water your plants with it.
- Avoid using the toilet to flush trash.
- Don't leave the faucet running while shaving, washing dishes or brushing your teeth.
- Avoid using running water to defrost food or melt ice.
- Wash only full loads in your dishwasher and washing machine.
Additional tips are posted in the Public Works Water Conservation Book which is a great resource for teaching children the importance of conservation.