Beat the Heat - Watch the Weather
- Best to stay indoors in air conditioning if possible.
- Take extra precautions if you must work or spend time outside.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat stroke and heat exhaustion.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.
- Be sure to hydrate and drink plenty of water before, during and after going outside.
If walking your pet, consider in the later evening when the sun is setting and temperatures are cooler. Place the back of your hand on the sidewalk surface to make sure it isn't too hot for your pet.
City facilities to keep cool
In the event of a power outage or if you are in need of a cooler location, consider the Pflugerville Recreation Center, 400 Immanuel Road, and Pflugerville Public Library, 102 10th Street, as options to keep cool.
If you experience a power outage
If your power goes out, please call Oncor or your power provider. Oncor has a power outage map located on their website at http://stormcenter.oncor.com/external/default.html.