The Water Softener Replacement Rebate Program provides incentives for all residential customers residing in the City of Pflugerville city limits and all residential customers utilizing City of Pflugerville wastewater services who replace working timer-based self regenerating water softeners with demand initiated regeneration (DIR) water softeners.
This rebate program was implemented because of high Total Dissolved Solid (TDS) levels in the city’s wastewater caused by the overuse of water softeners. High levels of TDS are caused by the presence of potassium, chlorides and sodium in the water treated by water softeners. Failure to reduce these levels to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) requirements will result in the installation of a $15 million treatment system to remove the excess salt. Rate increases will then be necessary to recover the cost of this system. (TDS Information)
The Rebate Program Works Like This:
- Applicants must have purchased a new demand initiated water softener after October, 2007.
- Complete the online Rebate Application.
- You may also download the Rebate Application Form. Submit it with a copy of their sales to receipt. You may also pick the form up at City Hall, 100 E. Main St., Pflugerville, or you can have one faxed or mailed by calling 512-990-6100.
- After qualification, applicants will receive $200.00 for the replacement of their water softener.
Upon Receipt of the Application
- Qualifications will be verified.
- Resident will be contacted to schedule a post installation inspection.
- A service order will be issued on the customer’s utility account for record keeping.
- Residents will be required to be present and allow access to the new water softener. Inspections will be performed by a Water or Wastewater Department technician Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- This offer is limited to one rebate per single family home, condo, apartment or manufactured home.
- Approved applications will be submitted to Accounts Payable for processing and $200 rebate checks will be issued within four weeks.